Monday, May 2, 2011

Bobby's Burger Palace

This was another New Jersey restaurant that I HAD to go to because it is one of Bobby Flays restaurants, and it was featured on Food Networks The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Burgers. Claire Robinson, host of 5 Ingredient Fix was on the show, and her favorite burger was the Buffalo Style Burger from BBP, Crunchified! To crunchify a burger at BBP means to fill it with chips. BBP is a casual dining restaurant that is all about burgers, there are different types of creative burgers as well as simple ones. They also serve grilled cheeses, salads, onion rings, sweet potato fries, regular fries and milkshakes! The most most you'll pay for a burger is 7.50, a side of fries is 2.50. The prices were very reasonable, especially when you think of who owns the place. The milkshakes, vanilla bean, chocolate, pistachio, blueberry, strawberry, mango, coconut, cola, coffee, were 5.00 each. I found that to be a little expensive, but I decided to have one anyways.

To get to BBP, Neil and I had to ride the bus to the Bergen town center, which is probably a 10 min drive, but was a 25 min bus ride. Totally worth it. The decor and atmosphere in the restaurant was great, lots of red, orange yellow colors and a fun modern look to it with bar-like tables that squiggle through the restaurant. The way it works is when you walk in, you walk straight into the line, order at the counter and find your seat. After that the waiters bring your food and milkshakes to you. The staff is very friendly, we had 3 different people ask us if we needed anything, and how everything was. I decided to order the buffalo burger, because it sounded so good when I saw it on Food Network. The burger contains the beef patty that is topped with blue cheese, red hot sauce and watercress. Obviously I got it crunchified! So it was topped with chips. I also ordered a side of fries and a vanilla bean milkshake. I know, vanilla, so boring, but the fact that it was vanilla bean instead of straight up vanilla extract made it so much more special to me. I would have loved to try pistachio too, but I was not going to pay $10 for two shakes. Neil and I are saucy people, and apparently so is Bobby Flay, at the table there are bottles of different sauces, like a chipotle sauce, jalapeno relish, and a few more. The french fries also come with a barbecue sauce, so we were set with sauces. The burger came out looking great. It was a super messy, slightly soggy burger, which was expected because of the hot sauce. It was juicy, and very flavorful, fun to eat. I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture when they set it in front of me, so I took one after I dug in. The milkshake was delicious, a bit icy, but the flavor of the vanilla bean was very rich and comforting! It all went so well together, and only cost me 16 dollars! I was very happy with this experience and would love to take people back with me. 9 out of 10! 

I apologize for forgetting to take a picture of the fries, milkshake, and sauces. I was too excited to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment