Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cuban in Jersey!


Just thought I'd share a little bit of what we have in New Jersey. Up the road there is a cute little Cuban restaurant run by a very nice Cuban woman. I may not remember the names of the things we ate, but they were so darn tasty that I brought my parents to it. We started with these potato-like things, with a different name, that were cut and fried and served with a cilantro dipping sauce. We also had a empanada appetizer with another dipping sauce that was slightly sweet and spicy. I went with the fried chicken, white rice and black beans, and Carol-Ann chose a dish that she often had when we lived in Florida. It was a humongous steak with a green chili sauce on top, yellow rice and black beans. Her was about 20 dollars, but when you see the amount of food that comes on the plate, it's worth it, we could have share, which I did with my dad when I went back. Mine was 12 or so. The total was $40 dollars, and was enough to feed 3-4 people, plus she doesn't have a liquor license, so it's bring your own. She happened to have leftover and gave it to us for free. We had a really great time there and I will miss it when I'm gone. 10 out of 10! Wooohooo!

1 comment:

  1. What enhences the flavor of the food there is how nice the staff is. My favorite restaurant in Jersey so far. I hope I'll go back for more before May 28th...or 12/21/2012 =)
    Denis

    ReplyDelete