Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chelsea Market Round 2 & 3

I was told that if I wanted to eat a good chocolate chip cookie I had to go to Jacques Torres. He has a few different locations around New York, I chose to go back to the Chelsea Market and visit the one they had they there. The cookies are $3 each, but they are about 5 inches across, and there is a lot of chocolate in the cookie. I bought 2. It really was a good chocolate chip cookie. I was amazed when I broke it in half to see the layers of chocolate and cookie stacked on top on each other. It was like they spread out the dough, and poured chocolate over it and spread it, then folded it 5 times. It was even better when I warmed it up slightly. When you buy it at the store they ask you if you want it warmed up, or cold. Unless you are bringing it home you have to get it warmed up. It is amazing.  The service was also really good inside the market, the cashier was friendly, I also really like Jacques Torres. I give it a 10! I will be sad to not have this cookie option when I leave.

Along with the cookie I decided to buy a brownie. There is a brownie shop inside of the Chelsea Market called Fat Witch. They have a few different flavors, and they call each brownie a witch. The packaging is a cute witch and depending on the flavor, her hair color changes, like a blondie is a called a blond witch and the picture is a blond witch. Its a very cute little business. The brownies are about 3 inches by 3 inches and cost $3 each. They also sell witch babies, that are about 1.75 each and are a little less than half the size, a cook book, and box mixes. Once in a while they will sell unwrapped witches for a discounted price. I chose to buy a caramel witch to bring home. It was a very good brownie. It was moist and very chocolaty and sticky, but not too sticky, like the Peanut Butter & Co brownie. I was happy with it, it is a little expensive for the size of it, but over all a delicious brownie. 8.5 out of 10.


The third time I went to the Chelsea Market I was with Michele and she wanted to try the gelato. We chose caramel and chocolate. The flavors were very rich and went well together, as well as alone. I really love that gelato store, it is just so over priced.

I would really like this huge jar of nutella. Its 70 dollars. The large jar is the same amount as 13 little jars. 13 little jars costs $30 less than the big jar unfortunately.  I found this in the Italian Market within the Chelsea market. They have really good cheeses and meats like prosciutto.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw raw cookie dough in a Jacque Torres shop, the chocolate in the cookie is made of large chocolate disks!

    ReplyDelete