Wednesday, April 27, 2011

mix and match

 

After we visited Magnolias we decided to walk around the Rockefeller area and we came across a chocolate shop that was in the Rock. In the basement of the Rockefeller there is a sort of shopping mall, the chocolate shop was on the main level, so it probably sees a lot of business from employees within. This place was ridiculous. The chocolates were lovely, but the prices were extremely high. They had a chocolate bark with hazelnuts, pistachios and other nuts that was $80 dollars a pound. Nuts are expensive, but that is outrageously high for a pound of chocolate. The macaroons were around 2.50 each, which is pretty expensive, but very common around these parts. I was holding my camera up to take pictures and managed to sneak one before I got yelled at and told to not take any. Bitches. Again, bad service, and the macaroons I bought, chocolate and passion fruit were good, they looked very nice as well, but they weren't worth what the store thinks they are. I think it deserves a 5 out of 10, for there exclusiveness, rudeness and okayness of macaroons.

That same day we visited the M&M store... and I bought a pound of M&Ms for 13 bucks... but they were colors that I picked out! Off of the worlds largest wall of M&Ms!


The day before all of these lovely pictures, the same day that we went to the Chelsea Market we walked around Soho, visited Body World, and went to DASH... not worth it, we stopped at a sandwich shop, which had premade sandwiches, salads and pastas, and sandwiches made to order. I chose the prosciutto, mozzarella sandwich with tomatoes and arugula with a delicious and surprising sesame mayo, which was sweet and tangy. The bread was nice and moist and did not scratch my gums.  The soup I chose was a spicy chicken, I was expecting it to be creamy, and it wasn't. The soup was okay, a little disappointing. I believe Carol-Ann had the BLT, she said it wasn't special, just a normal BLT. The service was great, I believe the guy was from Australia. They make their breads on site, and they have a pretty patio. The prices weren't bad if you consider we were eating in Soho, Carol-Anns was 5.25 and mine was 5.95, we eat got a half, but if you look in the picture a half was pretty large. I really like this place, I give it an 8 out of 10, services was good, as well as the food and the atmosphere.




We saw a couple of rats in the subway! This one was HUGE!










Traffic at 6:30ish. Honking is illegal in NY, you wouldn't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment