Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cupcake Cafe


Yes that is my finger.

Cupcake Cafe is located in 2 different areas of New York, I went to the one in union square, where I could go to American Eagle and buy some jeans! I got off of the subway, in the wrong area again... and had to walk a few blocks to get to Union Square, which is a cute little park by New York University. As I walked along the side of the park I came across a farmers market and bought VT cheese! It was called Pawlett cheese from Bardwell Farm in West Pawlett, VT. It was delicious, very similar to cheddar cheese, and about 5 for a 1/4 pound. Kind of pricey, but it was nice to try something different than Cabot, even though I love Cabot.
                                                                                     









After the farmers market I bought the jeans, and went looking for the Cupcake Cafe. When I found it I was surprised to see that it smaller, and less organized than I thought it would be, the space was also shared with a book store, so there were rows of books and probably about 8 small tables. There wasn't a whole lot to choose from coffee, 4 different types of cupcake combinations, chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and maple walnut. The website shows that there are more to choose from, but maybe I showed up too late. The cupcake's are really cute, all with matching flowers on top. I bought 3 of them, $2.50 each, chocolate with coffee icing, chocolate with chocolate icing, and vanilla with chocolate icing. There isn't a lot of maple syrup in this area, so I was to afraid to try the maple, because I thought it would be fake maple. So I brought them back with me and split each one with Neil, so I wouldn't feel bad about eating 3 cupcakes. The cake part tasted like real cake, and the icing was either an Italian, or Swiss butter cream, so there was no grittiness, it was super smooth. The cupcakes were very moist and satisfying, and they made me very happy, plus they were cute! 8 out of 10 because they were so good, and cute, but not 10 because there wasn't a lot to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment